Inspired by Emerald

Hello, Rachel from W*Ink here to take you inside my design studio. So emerald green is Pantone's Color of the Year. This is an incredibly strong color, and it's hard for me not to veer straight into art deco or super prep when I think about it. So I made up this mood board to inspire some new design work featuring the color of the year and the two variations I ended up with. I couldn't decide whether I liked the invite more with a gold lined envelope or with an envelope liner that echoes the pattern on the back of the invite, so I decided to post them both. Look how pretty it is with a soft pastel pink or peach. You'll also notice it works very well as an accent color. A whole lot of emerald can be overwhelming, but adding pops of it here and there is really lovely.

Emerald and White Cake, by The Cake Whisperer, via Ruffled Blog.; Room by Laura Casey Interiors; Bouquet photo by Lisa Lefkowitz, via Style Me Pretty; Emerald
Table Lamp, via InteriorMall.com; Necklace by Enzo Liverno; Emerald Rings by Ross Simons; Emerald Journals from Jenny Bick; Ridiculously gorgeous dress by Jenny Packham, via 100 Layer Cake Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment